Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Catch Me, if you will!




From the corner of my eye, I saw daddy standing just next to me. I smiled to myself, thinking this game is not going to be so much fun. I could turn around, reach out and get hold of him! I did just that, but lo! I did not catch him. He had moved farther from me in a matter of seconds.

“Aha! He’s quite good at it…he’d soon know that I’m better!” I tried it one more time only to miss him again. My confidence or the excess of it wasn’t helping me!

But I wasn’t going to give up. I ran about in the room, in a frenzy to catch him. He would slip away in no time.

“Catch me, if u can”, he screamed in spite of the panting.

I paused; sharpened my ears not to miss the sound of his steps.
“This time he wouldn’t even know when I’m gonna make the move”, I waited for the opportune moment and swung my hand around…I almost touched him this time, but that was far from getting hold of him.

Daddy was laughing.

I was offended! This is not fair! He’s bigger and stronger and faster…this is grossly unfair! “I’m not gonna play this silly game!”

“Sonnie, take a chance, just one more time!”

I had started walking away.

“Big boys don’t give up so easily...catch me, if you will!” he cried out.

That was all I needed to hear. I turned and dashed towards daddy…I had my arms stretched out…I knew I was going to get him now or never…I saw him frantically trying to escape my grab…and finally, I caught him!

“You are the smarter one, huh?” he teased me, as we laughed in each other’s arms.

I felt his heartbeat against mine...I knew my father had let me catch him…he had slowed down without my knowing it, so that I raced up to him to get hold of him…I felt small…but I was glad to have a big daddy who’d stoop down for me...to see me win!

I’m beginning to see the various facets of my Heavenly Father. In the process, I realize that there’s much more to His serious disposition that I had always known. He loves to play with you and let you catch Him. He cries out to you, "Catch me, if you will!" You just need to have the willingness to seek, to catch Him! There is a certain inexplicable tenderness and excitement about Daddy letting you catch Him- His heart and His will…I guess, that’s what I love the most about this Super Dad!


4 Comments:

Blogger Jane George said...

Reading this was special, divya... In some ways its been on my mind... It's connected with some of my thoughts inspired by a book I'm reading 'Wild at heart' by John eldredge.

The core desires and nature of a man's heart and a woman's heart are straight outta the heart of God. The man is big, strong, adventurous, desires to pursue a beauty and wants to be the hero in the story! That's wat God's like... He's big and strong, pursues us (we're beauty to his heart).
The heart of a woman speaks beauty, grace, mystery, wanting to nurture and so wanting to be pursued. Again, outta the heart of God. I was wowed by that... When God says, seek me and u will find me.... He's wanting to be pursued, longed for, run after... and ... he's so willing to let us catch HIM...

Thursday, September 27, 2007  
Blogger Sujith Alex said...

"...I had started walking away.

“Big boys don’t give up so easily...catch me, if you will!” he cried out. ..."

I've always seen that challenge follow everytime i've tried walking away. This was the way the challenge came to Jeremiah:

“If racing against mere men makes you tired,how will you race against horses? If you stumble and fall on open ground, what will you do in the thickets near the Jordan?" Jeremiah 12:5 (NLT)

Somehow the challenge does not seem to make you fall into pity, rather it rouses you to keep going!

Thanks for this post!

Friday, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

People!

Thanks a ton for the fresh perspectives!! U propel me to write futher!

Sunday, November 25, 2007  
Blogger Rini Abraham said...

sniff.... beautiful! Praise God!!
Rini

Monday, November 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home