Friday, July 27, 2007

Do not disturb: Work in progress!


Regular blogging had become alien to me, till my last post…not that, during the hiatus, I was too busy to jot something down, or that nothing provoked me to write…just that I knew if I did, I’d write something that I’d regret later…I’ve intended this space to be somewhere people would drop in to read something that would build them, and not sap their enthusiasm for the day! My laughter has been infectious…my zest for life isn’t any exception…hence, I presumed, my bitterness would be no different!

So, here I am, to start from where I stopped…to tell you the story of the phoenix!

It’s funny how you take time to look into yourself. The past few months have been tumultuous. They took me on a roller coaster, and by the time I touched the ground, I was too nauseated to pick the speck of dirt from my friend’s eye. Instead, I turned to myself, and chose to work on lifting that log from mine! After all, that was causing me more pain!

It’s humbling to count one’s blessings; it tells you how much you owe God. I recently discovered that it’s equally humbling to count one’s weaknesses. It shows you how tough the road ahead of you to reach your ultimate goal of Christ likeness is! The other day, one of my colleagues mentioned how one should focus on one’s strengths to reach where one wants to. I agree to that only partly. If the crap in you is getting in the way of your strengths, you better deal with that first! “I have purified you by giving you troubles” (Isaiah 48:10). God definitely knew what He was saying. It is in trouble that the garbage within you surfaces…it is in trouble that you get to see beyond the tip of that ice berg…It is in trouble that you have the good fortune to get it out of your system for good…it is in trouble that you are purified!

Looking back, I am grateful…

To God, for having his eyes constantly fixed on me…I can only imagine the joy of the goldsmith as he watches the gold clearing in the furnace to see his own image in it!

To all my dear friends who constantly reminded me that I have a happy head over smart shoulders…and that smile looks good on me! :-)

To my mentors who believed in me more than I did…

To my mother, who stood by me like a rock…you are a legend!

Each day, I realize, I need to change- for the good, and that isn’t impossible. The hurt that it brings isn’t inevitable, either. I’m learning to make the right choices everyday- to love, to forgive, to speak a word that would heal, and more importantly, to notice the sparkle in the other’s eyes, and not that speck of dirt!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane George said...

divya.. loved this read... :)

Monday, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

thanks, Janey! :)

Thursday, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home