Saturday, April 21, 2007

Everything, but this…



He called out my name…
With a precision beyond doubt…
Yet…
“No, it’s not me”…I quickened my steps,
As if I were running for life…
Pretending not to hear!

He decided not to call me again…
Instead, came in my way…
Stood like a wall that wouldn’t shake…
Engulfing my very being!
“Where can I flee from Your presence?”
I felt a chill down my spine…

And, as His eyes met mine,
I stared at the floor..
My head hung in shame!
“Would you give this up?”
His familiar voice rang in my ears…
Expectant of an answer…

“Take everything- my belongings,
my talents…my breath…
But…not this!”
I was defiant…
I had made up my mind…
I was not going to give this up!

“But, you promised you would!”
The reminder cut thro’ my heart like a sword…
“I can give up everything but this…”
I groaned…
“Tell me, why won’t you?”
He was persistent!

“It’s gonna hurt…real bad!”
I was crying…

Thought my heart would burst…
Silence weighed upon me…

He was waiting…may be, even wishing
That I saw he collected each tear drop of mine!

“Take everything- My Comfort,
My Peace, My Joy…My Son!”

“Would you trade your pain for these?”
This time, He was pleading!

A glance at His merciful face…
“What am I, that You are mindful of me?”

I flung open my arms…
My knees hit the floor…

“Nothing can separate you from My love”
The promise came to life!

I felt light…free…happy!
I had given it up, before I even knew it!


5 Comments:

Blogger Savio Sebastian said...

really love the way u've put the word and ur poetry together... brilliant...

i'm ur fan dj! :D

wonder why i didn't get to see u over the weekend... hmmm...

how are u doing?

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Jina said...

:)
i loved it..its answer to wat i wrote last..
even if theres nobody else..i know he wud b there for me...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks, precious people!! :)

@ Jina

Im soooo glad it spoke to u...

"...If we are comforted, we can effectively comfort you when you endure the same sufferings that we endure." (2 Corinthians 1:6)

In fact, i was wonderin what it is for, when God insisted that i put this up here!!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007  
Blogger Madhukar B Raju said...

Everything, but this…filled my eye with water.. was lovely and touched my heart.

Hope u don't mind a link back to your blog. Good day and you are one lucky person.

Saturday, October 27, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hey Madhukar! Saw ur comment only today! Im so gald it touched u...yes, im lucky to hv known Jesus! :)

Sunday, November 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home