Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I’ve just started countin’ my blessings!





The Best of 2007!





The best compliment:
“Very very rich love, girl!”
Well, I still haven’t figured what prompted you to say that, friend!
You are my Jonathan, indeed!! :D
(Jonathan= faithful encourager!)

The best feedback:
“You are unbearably proud!”
I’m not sure if you remember saying this to me...Though you did that in a fit of rage, that got me thinking…thank you, pal!

The most memorable week end:
28-30 Dec 2007

Friday: I tried my hand at single- handed- full- fledged cooking! I had fried rice in mind…but I didn’t know what to make out of it, when it was finally cooked (over cooked). My guest of honor (a long lost friend) tried his culinary tricks on the ‘spoilt’ meal till it was kinda edible! Then, we sat together and sang some good ol’ songs…and another brother in arms dropped in…and we sang…and had coffee…and sang again…beautiful day!

Saturday: My Saturdays are either jam packed with activities or completely idle. I’m yet to bring in some semblance of balance into my Saturdays! This one was different: I went to a Seventh Day Adventist Church after almost 9 years! They had something called Feet Washing before the Communion, which took me by surprise. Before the communion service, you could choose to wash the feet of a person, who would in turn wash yours…my feet washing partner was a sweet old lady! It shook me up completely…it takes heaps of humility to wash someone else’s feet…I was in tears by the time it ended…the emotional intensity the disciples must have felt, when Jesus stooped down to wash their feet would have been uncontainable! A life changin' experience!

Sunday: As usual, the best day of the week! :D

The most blessed time:
My parents came over and stayed with me for a week and a half…I had the time of my life!! At times, we laughed so much that we thought our hearts would break…powerful prayer times… connecting with friends…adventurous dine-at fine places-like the Taj-times…sittin-together-doin-nothin-times...the list would go on. It was more than I could ever ask for! You guys are the bestest parents in the whole wide world!!

The most precious sms:
“I didn’t know I hurt u, chechi…I’m sorry!”
Have you heard of cut pasting one’s heart on to the phone? My li’l sis did that one of these days. How I love you, doll!

The best hair day:
Well, a good hair day rarely happens to me, and hence is worth mentioning! One of those days when I did the Announcements at APC! Oh those curls! :D (Courtesy: the 'secret admirer' who pointed this out, since i was blissfully unaware of the same!)

The best song:
Your love is deep- Deeper than my view of Grace
Your love is High- Higher than this worldly place
Your love is Long- Longer than this road I travel
You love is Wide- Wider than the gap You fill!!
Listen to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KLGVKfiFTQ

The best one liner: “To err is human, to forgive is not company policy!”

The best movie/s: The Pursuit of Happyness; Taare zameen par.

The biggest noticeable change in perception: “I love Bangalore!”

The biggest influence: Sheila and Bert.

The best surprise package: Ruth and Bob. Angels exist on planet earth!!

The biggest investment: The Winged Words...my blog.

The greatest ‘quotable quotes’ of the year:
“Don’t waste your tears for they are precious!”- The Anointed
“Let Him form you!” - The Winner
“Be grateful!”-
The Dot
“Surrender!"-
The Gracious
“Love is a verb!”-
The Braveheart
“Look at my heart and not at my actions!” –
The Leader


Still countin'....



11 Comments:

Blogger Savio Sebastian said...

nice! :D

Wednesday, January 16, 2008  
Blogger Abhishek said...

Truly you're gifted Sarah... God has blessed you and continues to do so... Just wait upon Him =)

Wednesday, January 16, 2008  
Blogger Abhishek said...

As David says in
"You number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle; are they not in Your book?" (Psalm 56:8)

So shed ur precious tears... but infront of GOD...

Found this interesting article online... read it if you please

http://sermoncentral.com/sermon.asp?SermonID=96533

STRANGE ANCIENT CUSTOM OF USING “TEAR BOTTLES”

A. Ancients Believed Tears Were “Sacred”

B. Archaeologists Have Uncovered In Ancient Tombs
1. Lachrymatories - small vials - bottle for tears
2. Tears were collected
3. Every tear shed here – is sacred!

III. PSALMIST SAID “GOD, PUT MY TEARS INTO YOUR BOTTLE”

A. Why Would God Collect “Tears”

1. People collect things that
a. they are interested in
b. that are of value
c. that are rare
2. God collects the tears of those who cry out to him
a. because He’s interested in your tears - you may not feel anyone else cares, but God cares
b. because He knows your tears are of value
-- not only is he interested in your pain
-- he considers your tears of great value
-- your tears before the throne of God never wasted
-- they may dry up where they fall, but they do not dry up or evaporate before God
3. Those tears God collects as priceless treasures & keeps safe

B. In Your Grief, God Says, Don’t Bottle Up Your Tears Within Inside Yourself

1. You try to bottle them up – afraid, afraid to let go, to grieve, it hurts
2. But unhealthy to bottle up too much inside
a. volume of tears is too massive
b. squeezes against every fiber of your soul
c. inner pressure cooker of pain & heart-ache & grief
d. God gave tears as a way of cleansing the heart, mind, soul they wash & wash & wash - wash anger, wash grief
e. hold them in - nothing washed out
f. your bottle for tears can only hold so much - bottle will explode
g. Psalmist – my tears are too many – can’t hold them all
4. Psalmist, “put my tears into Your bottle”

Wednesday, January 16, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

@ Abhi

On the first read, i thought it was almost an antithesis to what The Anointed advised me on. But then, ur opinions don't really conflict. The quote is "Don't WASTE ur tears"...cryin for a loved one joinin in their grief, or cryin in God's presence- these wudnt be wastin one's tears!

Thanks a ton for the insightful comment! Really appreciate it :)

Wednesday, January 16, 2008  
Blogger Rini Abraham said...

:)

Thursday, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Jina said...

brilliant..and i deftly like the make over..:)
bless ur year

Thursday, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

@ Sav
Thanks! :D
@ Jina
Loong time, girl! I loved ur make over too! :D

Tuesday, January 22, 2008  
Blogger crackling embers said...

ok...wat can i say...?!sometimes words aint enough!! :)) im awaitin the post that is gona follow end of this year...more blessings and more and more!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008  
Blogger crackling embers said...

o..i have one BIG problem wit this one...u chose to talk about the 28th...29th and 30th and just stopped thr!! abhi and i r not takin this lightly...!just not!!just not!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Abhishek said...

Ya i agree with Binds... are you waitin for 2009 to mention the brilliant start of 2008!!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

Fret not, ma people! The post that's gonna hit the blogspot on 31st Dec 2008 is already in the making! (considerin the time constraint in countin the blessings that r comin our way this year!) Yes, our incredible start of the year would top the list of blessings! Whatteyyyy start it was!! I love u guys!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home