Monday, December 11, 2006

An 'evolved' Indian speaking...

Elizabeth's spirits soon rising to playfulness again, she wanted Mr. Darcy to account for his having ever fallen in love with her.

"How could you begin?" said she.
"I can
comprehend your going on charmingly, when you had once made a beginning; but what could set you off in the first place?"

"I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun."

-Pride and Prejudice


In fond memory of Prom Night, TISS, 2005


It shudders me to realise how fast we've evolved into global Indians celebrating Prom Nights and Halloweens and Valentine's...

I don't blame us, or the media which sell such once-upon-a-time-alien concepts so brilliantly well, making them a part of our very culture...

I don't want to join Shiv Sena and wage a bloody war against the 'mindless westernization' our generation has fallen prey to…

I'm not apolegetic...

Nor do I feel enraged in my spirit...

Just that, I wish we showed the same enthusiasm to attend the Flag hoisting ceremony on our Independence Day, the way we did when we were still in school…

I wish we could remember the oft-treaded paths of the past when we choose to walk the road not taken!

That’s not too much to ask, is it?



1 Comments:

Blogger Jina said...

at babes..it has essence..style and charm..im gonna add u to my blog roll..:)..not even gnna ask permission

Monday, December 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home